Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Meet the artist and the writer

This is a story about an artist and a writer finding each other. They want to share their experiences on creating children books.



My name is Roxann Rodriguez but I go by Roxie. I have carried a pencil and pad of paper since I can remember. My mother would ever since I was very little. I took Art all through school. What captured my interests in art were the snoopy comics I'd read every Sunday. I loved that dog. I thought to myself,  ''I want to do that.''.. Draw something and it be in the paper for everyone to see. I graduated from high school in 1987. Three years later I got the nerve to enroll at the Art Institute of Dallas. It was awesome and very interesting all at once!!  I learned so much. I really understood the meaning then behind the phrase ''starving artist''.. Two years went by and I graduated, got my associates in Advertising. Interview after interview it was the same thing, they liked my portfolio but I lacked experience. 
Well life took over and bills needed to be paid. I am now 45 years old and finally got the chance I needed 22 years ago. What can I say, I love to draw, and now I'm really doing it. There's a lot of work ahead of me but I'm living the dream I never thought possible. Now I can truly say never give up on your dreams. 

Roxie Rodriguez 

Illustrator 
illustratorroxie@hotmail.com




My name is Teresa Jones and I write under the pen names of T.D. Jones and Monet Manchester for my romance books and under the name of Teresa Jones for my children books. My dream has always been to be a published author and four years ago that dream came true. Writing feeds my soul and I hope to do it 
full-time after I retire. 

Teresa Jones 
Writer
jonestd17@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment